Many educational foundations and institutions create opportunities to support African-American students. One of such is the CBC Spouses Education Scholarship yearly scholarship program.
There are quite a number of these students who need to pursue higher education, and this foundation is glad to help. Many students have found themselves in debt for student loans because of the high cost of college education.
So, if you plan to further your education, you can take the financial weight off your shoulders by applying for this scholarship. You can lower your education expenses with the CBC Spouses Education Scholarship.
Also, If you’re interested in this scholarship opportunity by CBC Spouses, you will learn all there is to it in this blog post. So, ensure you read to the end as we’ll take you through the journey to get this scholarship award.
What is CBC Spouses Scholarship?
Since the scholarship fund’s inception in 1988, this body has helped students get through college and university. The CBC Spouses is a non-governmental, non-profit organization that aims at sponsoring education among college and university students.
The union consists of husbands and wives of the African-American community who are members of the Congressional Black Caucus Fellowship Inc. For over 25 years, these spouses have partnered with donors to provide scholarships through the CBCF’s internship and fellowship programs. So far, they have disbursed over 9 million USD to qualified candidates.
What is The CBC Spouses Education Scholarship Award?
The CBC Spouses Education Scholarship Award is open to brilliant African-American students. Students admitted into college or university for an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degree can get a scholarship award no matter the field. The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation invites students with permanent residency or US citizens to apply for the 2023/2024 session.
Again, this is a rare opportunity for talented and bright students who do not have the finances to go to school. Just like other scholarships like the resources and scholarships for low-income students, the CBC Spouses scholarship wants to support individuals with low economic status. The program runs a yearly scholarship support scheme to provide financial assistance to these intelligent students studying in different fields.
CBC Spouses Education Scholarship Application Documents
Here is a list of documents required for the CBC Spouses Education Scholarship 2023/2024 session.
- Personal statement of about 500 to 1000 words
- Recommendation letter from the applicant’s community and a public service leader
- A PDF copy of the Federal Student Aid Report, which applicants must download
- A copy of the resume carrying all the personal details of the applicant, including transcript and photograph
- Applicants will submit the application letter with the documents listed above
- Transcript to the emailed to CBC Spouses Education Scholarship
CBC Spouses Education Scholarship Application Criteria
The board will review all the applications and documents submitted, and then the qualified candidates will be announced. Here are the requirements for students applying for the CBC Spouses Education Scholarship
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 upwards
- Should be a resident in the regions represented by the CBC
- Students must be graduate, graduate or undergraduate high school senior who is pursuing a bachelor’s in graduate degree at a university
- Must be an African-American
- Must have US permanent residency or a US citizen
- Show brilliant academic and leadership excellence
- Contribute to community activities and participate in developing and improving their locality
Benefits of The CBC Spouses Education Scholarship
Students with proven academic talent and exemplary behavior in community activities can take advantage of this opportunity. The CBC Spouses Education Scholarship, in collaboration with the CBCF, has successfully assisted students deserving of the scholarship.
Furthermore, the CBC Spouses Education Scholarship has been named one of the African-American scholarships helping students achieve academic success. This is a lifetime opportunity for young African Americans to get the education they want and pursue their careers.
In 2020 alone, the CBC Spouses Education Scholarship received over 100 applications from students in the US to participate. Young students benefit from this scheme each year to change their lives forever.
How to Write The CBC Spouses Education Scholarship Essay
Have the following in mind when writing your essay. The essay should highlight these critical points here.
- The field of study you want to major
- Reason for choosing such a field
- Explain how your chosen field will help you excel in your career after study
- State your participation and contribution to the public and where you have served in the community
- State your talents, gifts, interests, and unique abilities
- What will the scholarship do for you, and how will it help you in reaching your set goal
- State other qualifications, achievements, or skills you have
- Highlight any necessary information that should be considered significant
CBC Spouses Education Scholarship Deadline
Each year, the CBC Spouses Education Scholarship deadline is slated for May 1. Applications open around mid to late December till May. If you fail to register before then, you will not be considered. Ensure you take note of this deadline yearly if you want to apply. Note that any submission to the Local Scholarship Selection after May 1 will be rejected.
Conclusion on CBC Spouses Education Scholarship: Get Your Dream Education
Finally, black students now have the opportunity to go to school and pursue their chosen careers with funding. CBC Spouses Education Scholarship, a non-profit organization, is offering that assistance. You can get the education of your dreams with free money from this foundation.
Furthermore, all you need to do is take advantage of the awards and help yourself lower your college costs. If you are a black student who is a US citizen or resident, ensure you maximize this opportunity and apply to the CBC Spouses Education Scholarship.
Looking to immigrate to Canada? Check our post on how to immigrate to Canada without a job offer.
Confused on how to share the good news of a job you got on LinkedIn? Read: How to announce new job on LinkedIn.
About to write a scholarship recommendation letter but don’t know how? This post on scholarship recommendation letter made easy will guide you.
Are you a creative writer searching for scholarship opportunity? Read: Best way to apply for NSHSS creative writing scholarship 2023/2024.
If you are a business person, then you need to read Important things to know about business immigration law.